Saturday, November 26, 2005

My Christmas Tree!



Tonight I am putting up my CHRISTMAS TREE ... Not my Holiday tree
or my special tree. It is a Christian Holiday and it has been celebrated
this way in western cultures for thousands of years.
I am not about to change them. I have celebrated Divali and I enjoyed
the ceremony immensely. I participated as best I could and showed
my respect.
I also celebrated EID last year with muslim friends and respected their
holiday. Is it too much to ask that all immigrants with different cultures
respect mine?
A horrible incident happened last year as we were at a neighbours
for dinner. A sales man of obviously different background unknowingly
knocked on the door to sell a product
...yes on the 26DECEMBER -Boxing day!
We were in the middle of dinner and my neighbour asked him if he
knew what day this was. He politely suggested to him that he should
go home and refrain from knocking on other doors incase he met up
with a terrible Irate person.
As much as people enjoy boxing day sales
.... NOT AT THEIR HOMES PLEASE!!

No comments:

All About Me

My photo
Too many missing people. Too many BAD relationships. Too many errors in judgement. If the infomation on this site prevents 1 mistake it has accomplished something.

Bossco- Family addition 3months 2 weeks

Bossco- Family addition 3months 2 weeks

Bossco again

Bossco again
The only time he is good...

Blog Archive