Sunday, February 26, 2006

BERNARDO AND HOMOLKA


The police sketch of the Scarborough Rapist was
released in the summer of 1990, and she was a
"survivor" of one of his increasingly more vicious
attacks, committed at a time when only eight
rapes had been confirmed
the word "only" used here simply because so much
more was about to unfold before Paul Bernardo was
unmasked.

The word "survivor," however, was of her choosing.
She was refusing to be a "victim."
At this point time, back in the summer of '90, it had
been approximately six weeks since the last attack by
the Scarborough Rapist, and many more weeks since
he had dragged one particular woman into a
nightmare. And this is the letter she wrote back then.


To the sickest person in the world:
For one half hour, I visited hell, and you took

me there.
Or at least I thought it would only be that

half hour.
I thought I knew the person I was, but you
changed all that.
I was no longer the independent person I

used to be, the secure happy girl that could
make people smile.
The girl that used to hug everyone that was
dear to her could no longer let anyone close.
Feeling dirty and tainted, I pushed away anyone

who would try.
I lost my self- respect, my pride, my dignity,
and you may have also cost me one of the
most important people in my life -- my boyfriend.
The other things I have been able to grab

hold of, and pull them back inside, and start to
become the person I once was.
But, so help me. If you have caused me to push
that one person away, you'll wish you hadn't.
I am relearning who I am. I'm a loving, caring

person who knows that none of this is my fault.
I am getting back to the person I once was,
the person that I liked being.
Of course, there are certain changes because

of you and what you've done.
I've never before had to deal with as much hate
as I now hold for you.
Having this much hate inside me scares me.
To you, I was just another piece of shit that you

could take out whatever you wanted to on.
To me, you were, and you are, my living nightmare.
You took a half hour and a couple of

months of my life.
But the rest of my life is MINE! Not yours!
Everyone tells me that you're sick and

need help.
Yes, I agree that you are sick, as you can tell
by how this letter is addressed, but that is not
an excuse for what you have done.
And I feel absolutely no pity for you.
Yes, you need help. You need help into a jail

cell as quick as possible.
You need help in understanding what you've
done.
You need to know what it feels like to have all
your control taken away, to know what it
feels like to be frightened like you've never
been before.
But, most of all, you need to know what

being raped feels like and the physical and
emotional pain that comes with it.
You need to be held at knifepoint, beaten,

stripped, and raped -- not knowing if you'll live
or if you'll die.
I wish for you everything you've done to me,

to me and all the other girls.
They say you are unpredictable with who, when,
where, and why you strike.
But I would like to predict a few things myself.
I predict that you will be caught now that the

public is involved. I predict that you're going
to jail for the rest of your life.
You better hope that justice is served.
Because if it is not, I predict that you'll be very,

very sorry it wasn't.
You've made a lot of parents, brothers, sisters,
boyfriends and friends angry.
You better hope that you do go to jail for life
because that will be the safest place for you.
This letter was written by one of your

survivors, not one of your victims.
Signed: One Survivor

---
Where this woman is today is as unknown as

how she has coped, or has not coped, over the
years with the trauma that was inflicted upon
her by Paul Bernardo.
If she has indeed "survived," she will be in

her 30s now, and that is all that is certain.
The rest is conjecture.
LINK:
http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2006/02/26/pf-1463011.html


THIS HELL WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!
HEAR THAT KARLA?

No comments:

All About Me

My photo
Too many missing people. Too many BAD relationships. Too many errors in judgement. If the infomation on this site prevents 1 mistake it has accomplished something.

Bossco- Family addition 3months 2 weeks

Bossco- Family addition 3months 2 weeks

Bossco again

Bossco again
The only time he is good...

Blog Archive