Monday, November 28, 2005

Reponsibility and Trust fails!!!


Teen fell, out of fear
Fatal bid to get out of flat to avoid pal's parents

By CHRIS DOUCETTE, TORONTO SUN
Investigators have confirmed that a teenage

boy who plunged to his death from a 15th-floor
apartment in Scarborough was trying not to get
caught in the home by a girl's parents.
Toronto Police say the 16-year-old was in the building at

15 Cougar Crt., a block north of Markham Rd. and Eglinton
Ave. E., with another teen boy and a teen girl who lived there
around 7:30 Saturday night. The girl's parents arrived home a
little early, the youths "panicked,"
and decided to tie sheets together and scale down the outside
of the highrise from a bedroom window.
"This was just a group of kids who made a very bad decision
that had tragic consequences," Det. Steve Peconi
of 42 Division said yesterday.
Some reports have suggested the dead teen -- whose name

was not released -- was the girl's boyfriend.
But Peconi was adamant that the three teens were all just

friends, who really weren't doing anything.
"These kids weren't screwing around. There was no smell

of tobacco, no evidence of any drugs, and nobody had
been drinking," he explained.
"It was just three friends hanging out. But the girl

was not allowed to have boys over without her parents
knowing."
PARENTS LOCKED OUT
The girl's parents arrived home and were locked out of

their home by the teens as they devised and followed
through on what turned out to be a fatal plan.
Peconi said the teens, "all good kids," didn't have enough

sheets. "I guess they thought they could climb part way down
and drop the rest of the way," he speculated.
The 16-year-old boy was the only one to climb out the

window and he didn't get far before slipping and falling.
The doorknob of the door to the girl's apartment was missing

yesterday and repeated attempts for comment from the girl's
family went unanswered.
The dead boy's parents were too distraught to talk.
"They're devastated," Peconi said. "They can't believe their

son would do such a thing. They're in total shock."
Divya Garg, 19, who lives on the 15th floor at the opposite

end of the building, said she'll never forget the sight of watching
the boy fall to his death.
"I heard a loud scream, so I looked up and saw him falling

to the ground," recalled the 19-year-old.
"It was just horrible."
Peconi cautioned other teenagers to think things through

and avoid making perilous mistakes.
"Kids shouldn't be so scared of parents that they would risk

their lives," he said.
"And parents shouldn't be so strict that their kids are

afraid to be honest with them."
link:
http://torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2005/11/28/pf-1327156.html
***************************************************************
***here we go blaming the parents again for a teen's
stupid mistake.

A horrible death but this could have been avoided by listening to
the parents in the first place.
I unfortunately rememberd another incident when the only rule in my
home was.
NO BOYS ALLOWED IN YOUR ROOM!
I was 12 and innocently thought it would be okay to show some
neighbours artwork that I had done. My mother chose that
moment to drive into the car porch. I hid my 2 friends under
the bed, while my girlfriend being smaller hid near the kitchen.
When my mother came in she snuck out.
My mother was home for lunch and I hoped she would leave
quickly. One of the boys hit the bed with his foot then.
My mothers keen ears and senses went into overtime.
I do not want to repete the scene ... It was not pleasant.
I learnt something from it. i was grounded for the weekend and
my faithful girlfriend instead of helping me out came over to
taunt me. When my mother repete the incident to her
she said. "Wow ****** should have known better than than."
I wanted to KILL HER.
...but god know how long I would get grounded for that.
Jamaica had no juvenile laws and the age of reason is 6.
I knew better...

No comments:

All About Me

My photo
Too many missing people. Too many BAD relationships. Too many errors in judgement. If the infomation on this site prevents 1 mistake it has accomplished something.

Bossco- Family addition 3months 2 weeks

Bossco- Family addition 3months 2 weeks

Bossco again

Bossco again
The only time he is good...

Blog Archive